Job Title Electrical Engineer
Company Global Automation (NI) Ltd
Location Ballygawley, Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Reporting to Director
Global Automation provides a quality Systems Integration Service to our customers over a range of industries. Formed in 1999 the company has grown steadily and is now established as a premier supplier of Software, Systems Integration and Support in the industrial automation sector.
We are currently looking to expand our team of engineers to include an electrical engineer. Consideration will also be given to a graduate or trainee looking to move into a similar role.
The role will primarily involve the specification and design of electrical controls systems for automation projects to meet customer requirements.
The successful candidate will have the freedom to evaluate and decide what is expected from the client to deliver complete Automation Projects from start to finish as well as having an opportunity to develop skills in automation software development as part of our overall project team.
The following reflect the main tasks associated with the role and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Carry out cable design and selection including cable calculations
- Carry out design of three phase and single phase electrical systems
- Review and modify electrical schematic’s, cable schedules etc.
- Selecting appropriate equipment and instruments in line with Client specifications
- Complete tenders and project costing
- Electrical material procurement
- On site liaising with sub contract installers for technical issues & commissioning
- Provide compliant and cost effective designs that meet the requirements of the client
- Provide advice and assistance to system engineers
- Working effectively with others and managing the design to enable the accurate and timely delivery of the project on schedule
- Maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Working to contract programme constraints
- On site liaising with client in realtion to technical issues
- Work and liaise closely with all members of the Global Automation (NI) Ltd
- Build effective working relationships with clients
- Previous experience of multi-discipline projects from a range of different industries
- Experience in single phase/ three phase electrical electrical control systems
- Demonstrated experience within the Water and Waste Water Treatment, Quarrying, Food Processing, Packaging or Building Services industries
- Ability to meet deadlines, delegate effectively within the team and work to strict timescales
- Fully flexible regarding travel – prepared to travel to site locations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and IT skills
- Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise
- Positive outlook and approachable manner
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
We welcome applications from candidates from a range of disciplines including, but not limited to the following:
- Software Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering
- Educated to HNC level or higher
- 17th/ 18th edition regulations
How To Apply
Please email your CV & Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org