Job Title: Placement / Graduate Software Engineer
Company: Global Automation (NI) Ltd
Location: Ballygawley, Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Reporting to: Director
Formed in 1999 the company has grown steadily and is now established as a premier supplier of Software, Systems Integration and Support in the Industrial Automation Sector. We work within a wide range of diverse industries including Water and Waste Water Treatment, Quarrying, Recycling, Renewables, Food Processing, Packaging and Building Services to name a few.
As part of our continued growth, Global Automation (NI) Ltd is currently recruiting for Placement and Graduate Software Engineers. We are looking for individuals who is enthusiastic, innovative and eager to learn. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to gain excellent hands-on experience and learn vital knowledge about the industry from our team of talented Engineers, laying foundations for a successful career in Software Development.
The successful candidate will be joining a growing team of Industrial Automation and System Engineers, working on a wide range of projects from digitalization, advanced manufacturing, optimization, automation, robotics and data analytics. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with the latest automation technologies such as PLC’s, SCADA, Robotics, Data Analytics, Industrial Networks and AI. They will be working throughout all stages of a project from specification, design, development, installation and final commissioning.
- PLC / HMI / SCADA programming experience whilst beneficial is not essential
- Knowledge or experience of Rockwell / Siemens automation products
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships when engaging with customers, suppliers and team members.
- Work independently on projects and as part of a team
- Willing to carry out on and off the job training in order to develop and learn new skills
- Full, clean driving license
- Ability to meet deadlines, delegate effectively within the team and work to strict timescales
- Fully flexible regarding travel – prepared to travel to site locations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and IT skills
- Capable of building and maintain strong business relationships
- Ability to be flexible multi-task and prioritise tasks
- Positive attitude, outlook and have an approachable manner
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation and various software packages (PLC/HMI/SCADA Development, CAD, Databases, VBA)
We welcome applications from candidates from a range of disciplines including, but not limited to the following:
- Software Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering
Please email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org